Couch to 5K
62,338 members โ€ข 95,113 posts

I gave W6 R3 a shot earlier. Failed. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Itโ€™s the first time Iโ€™ve not completed a run. I got just past the halfway bell and normally thatโ€™s when I think โ€œright! Itโ€™s all downhill from here! (I use a treadmill with no incline๐Ÿ™„)

I hadnโ€™t had anything to eat since my 8 Oโ€™clock egg and banana pancake at breakfast and a coffee at work. I got on the treadmill at 14:00 and began to feel really exhausted and flagging and light headed.

Lesson learned. If Iโ€™m going on the run with similar circumstances Iโ€™ll have plenty of water and a banana 20 minutes before!! ๐Ÿ™„

Am I learning? ๐Ÿ˜ณ

32 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Yes you certainly are. Onwards and upwards.Enjoy๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

By the way we do not use the F word on hear.๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Just another training run about getting miles into your legs and lungs.๐Ÿ‘

All building your running body and running brain in a continuous learning and continuous improving self journey.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŒŸ

1 like

Thanx Tbae.

1 like

Not a fail then, more of a miscalculation! Good luck next time round

1 like

Cheers Vangus. ๐Ÿ˜Š

You are doing great, just another learning point runner ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป x

We run, we learn, we run, we learn, we run..................

It is all part of the process.

3 likes

Yes, Iโ€™ve certainly learned today. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

You are learning. It was just a practice for the real thing.

Don't be too hard on yourself ๐Ÿค—

2 likes

๐Ÿ˜˜

1 like

No 'f' words here please...and why are you not eating properly? No lunch?

I was going to have lunch after the run. I finish work at 2pm. I work 1:1 with people and wouldnโ€™t be allowed to eat in front of them. x

Right...I see...hydration at all times is important.. not just run days...and it sounds as if then, you were hungry too. Could you do an early morning run maybe?

I may feel better for that earlier run Oldfloss. I have to factor in shower time of course before getting to work so if I can get up at 2am and start... ( ๐Ÿ˜‚ only joking.x ). Iโ€™ll try an earlier one tomorrow. Thanx.

1 like

It is tricky and I know easy for me as a now old retired snail...:)

When I worked, although I had not heard of C25K then :) I used to walk/run every morning across the fields.. I did get up at 5 and head out... and was so organised....unbelievable when I think of it now... and back for shower, brekkie and leaving for school at 7.45 :)

Oh what fun :) See how you go:)

1 like

I second what everyone else has said. What I want to know is if the egg and banana pancake were separate or one very weird creation?!

1 like

A creation of Weight Watchers. Mash a banana, mix it well with a raw egg. Pour into a well oiled pan (or in my case a waffle maker) and cook turning once. With fruit salad and yogurt itโ€™s delish!!! Promise. Try it!

2 likes

Sounds yummy - will definitely try that one! Good luck with your next run. Iโ€™m sure youโ€™ll be fine, taking all the advice on board. Iโ€™ll be doing the same run on Saturday so will be making sure Iโ€™m well hydrated too. We all learn from each other on this forum donโ€™t we? look forward to reading your next post to hear that youโ€™re on to week 7 ๐Ÿ˜Š

2 likes

That sounds lovely, i'm trying that tomorrow! I'm getting bored with my breakfast choices at the moment.

1 like

You can have it for a pudding aswell. It looks pretty out of a circular waffle maker. Would send an image but I donโ€™t know how.

Not sure about plenty of water 20 mins before the run. You'd be bloated, you'd need a loo, you wouldn't have much fun.

You must hydrate well a day before. Some drink a few litres, our resident fitness guru Rignold will gulp 3 or 4.

If you run first thing in the morning you don't need much food or liquid. A banana, or an egg, a sip of water, and you're good to go. If you have a proper breakfast you don't run for a few hours until it all settles down nicely.

2 likes

Got it mrrun thanks. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Next time๐Ÿคฉ

I have never eaten before a run, and we are at a similar position, ( I've just got in from week 7 run 1, and it was tougher than week 6 run 3) BUT.. I was later leaving the house than usual, too many people and cars and dog walkers, and bloody gazelle like runners!!!

I think I responded to some subconscious pressure and did not go SLOWLY enough. No later than 6 o'clock for me in future.

You will finish it next time.

1 like

Sorry about the Gazelle thing but the fancy dress hire shop had run out of gorillas. Next time I quite fancy dressing as a hedgehog.

2 likes

Look both ways before you cross ๐Ÿ˜ณ

1 like

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

1 like

๐Ÿ˜‚

1 like

I think thatโ€™s happened to me this week - with the much lighter mornings there are more people around.

1 like

In fact I had a very tall and slender gazelle running with great long strides down the road towards me this morning as I was shuffling along on the pavement puffing and panting - it was a bit intimidating if Iโ€™m honest

1 like

We may have to do something about this. I wonder if David Attenborough is free.....?

2 likes

๐Ÿ˜‚

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

You may also like...