Couch to 5K
60,211 members92,869 posts

Birthday running!

I certainly wouldn’t have guessed this time last year that I’d be out of bed and going for a run at 7.30am on my birthday....but amazingly I am!!!!

Not only that..... but hubbie has just given me my presents and I’m now the proud owner of a new running top and wireless headphones 🎧!! How did that happen?!!

C25k is a truly amazing programme!! It has transformed me in so many ways. I started out last September having never run since school (30yrs+)... and here I am running!!! I’ve still a long way to go, but I’m now running for 30mins, I’m feeling fitter, I’ve lost weight and toned up, and my general well-being has improved massively!!! So for any doubters out there..... you can do this.... you really really can!

It’s February! Happy running folks 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

22 Replies
oldestnewest

Happy Birthday!! And well done 👍

Happy Birthday! Excellent presents. Keep on running x

Happy birthday and what a brilliant way to celebrate 🎉 I am planning a park run on mine next month! I started running in September too. It life changing and amazing 👍

1 like

Thank you 😊

Happy birthday buddie- great presents - great way to celebrate a new phase of life! Enjoy the rest of your day.

Happy running! 😀

1 like

👍 thank you

I feel exactly the same - a whole new me!

Have a very happy birthday!

1 like

Thanks 😊

This is LOVELY! Happy birthday, Buddie. 😘

1 like

Thank you 😊

Happy Birthday 🏃‍♀️

1 like

Thanks 😊

Happy birthday and thank you for your encouraging words. I hope the rest of your day is just as wonderful

1 like

Thank 😄

Happy birthday 🎂🎂🎂🎂

1 like

Thank you I will be enjoying cake later!!

Happy Birthday to you and how FAB you got up and went for a run! That cake will taste even better now. Am interested to hear how you get on with wireless headphones. My virtual present to you would be a foam roller - it is just amazing and helped sort my left lower leg issues.

(Was also out this morning and am back running comfortably for 25 mins 😁) Love it.

Enjoy your day, lovely gal xx

1 like

Yay well done old chum good to hear you’re getting back on the mend.... fab news!! I’ve read about foam rollers on here.... I might just treat myself sometime xxx

Many Happy Returns. Enjoy your running this year 🎂

1 like

Thank you!!! I’ve been wondering today if I’ll still be running another year on??!!!! A long way off, but I’m really hoping I will be 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️

Happy birthday, and congratulations. x

1 like

Thank you 😊

You may also like...