Couch to 5K
62,513 members95,317 posts

Surprised myself!

Well after a little hiatus and a loss of confidence after not being able to do week 4, I've just done it! I repeated week 3 but feel buzzing tonight (yes, I still only run in the dark and yes, my new sports bras are working wonders, for anyone that's interested 😀). Maybe it's the endorphins, or maybe the chunky kit Kat I've just had but feeling gooood!

12 Replies
oldestnewest

Brilliant use of the programme and a bit of creativity on your part 🏃‍♀️👏

1 like

Welldone !!! Nothing wrong with repeating. I have done c25k before and now redoing 4ish years later lol. If i remeber rightly. The jump from week 2 to 3 was quite hard x

1 like

Well done you. Be proud of yourself as it is a great achievement for us all that are on the programme. You say sports bras is one not enough 😂 (only joking) keep up the great work and you will get there. 👍

Funnily enough I used to wear 2 normal ones at a time before the superdooper ones I've got now lol 😁

1 like

Love it great work. 😀 how are you finding it do you feel the benefits of the running? I love it and can see so much benefit from what I am doing it really drives me on. I am on slimming world and I save my sins so I can have a caramel a day. That so gets me through 😂😂

1 like

I can't say I love it yet as I've never run in my life. I'm a few stone overweight, so I find it hard. I'm trying to cut down on the sugary stuff but seem to have put on a few lbs! It's muscle I keep telling myself 😂

I was 6 stone over weight and have lost 2 on slimming world and exercise. The good thing is on slimming world I am never hungry and I can still have my caramel treat 😀😀 good luck with your journey and keep me posted on your progress x

1 like

Well done you! Even tho you have had to repeat you haven’t given up! I think it’s a saying I once heard .. fall down 7 times... get up 8! I’ve just had to have a hysterectomy but am determined to get back to where I was I really was enjoying it and honestly didn’t mind if I was slow or had to repeat a run because I had never been anywhere near where I was at before I tried. Good luck although I’m sure you won’t need luck you have determination 😊

1 like

Yes ha! Well done!

I'm stuck on week 3. It seems like a big jump from week 3 to week 4, but I decided I would keep doing week 3 until I feel comfortable with running for 3 minutes. I'm 65, overweight and diabetic. It's not the legs that get me but being short of breath.

Yes I know what you mean. My legs ache but it's catching the breath. I'm also a smoker (🙄) which really doesn't help. Keep going. I really didn't think I could get past week 3 but you build up stamina and I just thought I'll give week 4 a go and managed it. You can too 😁

Well done for not giving up but going back a week and doing it that way... I hadn't thought of doing that xx

1 like

You may also like...