Couch to 5K
60,174 members92,819 posts

Graduation Day!

I completed week 9 run 3 today and ran a PB of 4.6km in 30mins! Think the sunshine in between the clouds definitely helped, as well as the heron I always see fishing as I run along the canal. Everything just came together :0)

When Sarah Millican congratulated me at the end of the run, I properly jumped for joy, much to the amusement of the families out for a stroll! Did week 1 run 1 on 24 Nov so took more than 9 weeks but here I am, and as a reward I've signed up for the 5km at the Surrey Half on 11 March :0) If I can do it, you can definitely do it too!!!

16 Replies
oldestnewest

Huge congratulations.. very well done you...!Head along and get that badge.. the party awaits!

2 likes

Thanks for your support Oldfloss! Where do I go/what do I do to get the badge please?

Sorry - found the answer in the FAQ section - should have checked there first!

1 like

Many congratulations fellow runner.

Now to consolidate at that sort of duration for a few weeks, playing with pace, running somewhere new and just enjoying your new found ability, without pushing the bounds every week.

Keep running, keep smiling.

2 likes

Thank you, I love the idea that I'm now a runner! Will be heading over to Bridge to 10K once I've got a few more 30 min runs in.

1 like

Wow, well done, nearly 5k as well, brilliant x

1 like

Thank you! I feel like 5K is definitely within reach now.

1 like

Wow that’s fantastic. Excellent pace as well. Many congratulations to you.

1 like

Thank you, I'm happy to be joining the graduate ranks :0)

Congratulations, well done x

Thank you - is it week 9 for you next week? Best of luck and hope the sun smiles on you for your runs.

Yes it is and I can’t wait, feel like I can do this now. Never thought I would say that 😂

1 like

Very well done!! The 5k will soon be on your badge as well ;-) If you haven't got it yet, you need to clik on the pinned posts (view more if you can't see it) and you'll find a link "January graduation badge". Just post there and you'll see next time you post that the badge magically appears next to your name!

I wish you a lot more great and joyful runs!

Well done :)

Congratulations runner 👏🥇🍾

brilliant! well done you :)

You may also like...