Couch to 5K
57,410 members89,933 posts

Finally 🎓 graduation day - Thanks Guys

If you'd said back at week 1 I would have laughed and put money on me quitting ( I've just never been able to run - ever ) I've read many of your posts on the way and had valuable advise with lots of encouragement So Thank You - did my last run of CT5K this evening but did my penultimate run Saturday - Local Park run @ Preston I wanted to see if I could do a measures 5K and I did - Managed to keep going with a time of 33:51 for my first official park run - Well chuffed just to complete - One word of advice from me if I have learnt anything " ALTERNATIVE " I've been doing same route on a flat circuit right through I'm going to find some other routes THAT HILL ON PARK RUN NEARLY FINISHED ME OFF !! - going to keep doing something " still can't say I love running " but it has helped me I feel fitter and enjoy switching off and clearing my head - Thanks again guys - I will be back 😁

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Huge well done! 🎉🎉🎉👏👏😄

I think it can take a while to enjoy the running for quite a few of us - I use favourite music & radio 4 as distraction if I am bashing down the " want to stop" gremlins.

Iannodatruffe said it takes about a year before you can run along without really thinking about it- so, for myself, I'm looking forward to August! 😀

Thanks 😁

That is fantastic especially if you have never been a runner. I did run at school so I can't say I never ran but that was a long, long time ago as I am sure you can appreciate. I have only run for myself so no park runs but that is a great time with a hill. I estimated mine to be 37 or 38 mins on the flat. Laura is out now, sorry Laura and podcasts are in which I find to be more beneficial as with music I found myself moving in the same tempo and not fit enough to do that but it meant I was speeding up and slowing down with the music and found that more tiring. Now I find myself running more evenly. In my head it feels like but I am sure if someone filmed me that would not be the case at all :). Once again congrats.

1 like

Thanks I'm going to hunt a good podcast to keep me focused 😁

I'm trialing Runkeeper which apparently chooses music from Spotify according to your cadence. Haven't quite managed to get it quite right yet.

Very well done:)

Well done and congratulations fellow runner.

If you are not enjoying running, try slowing down.

You should be at an easy pace at which you can easily hold a clear ungasping conversation for 70-80% of your running time. runnersworld.com/running-ti...

Keep running, keep smiling.

Well done! I too graduated today! 😀😀😀

1 like

Congratulations Cadley🎉🎉🎉🎉

Well done on Graduating and doing your Parkrun...👏👏👏👏👏

Lots more running to come. Some more 30 minute runs and you will begin to relax more...

Ask for your badge here...

healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

Really well done 👍, fantastic achievement 👏👏

You may also like...