Couch to 5K
57,459 members89,973 posts

My first run of 2018.. my graduation!

After a false-start yesterday, I rolled out of bed excited for my graduation run today. I was already smiling during my warm up, wishing everyone a good morning as I snail-ed my way along. Even all the road crossings were clear so I didn't have to stop at all. The sky was blue, being blown around by the winds was great fun and I now feel incredible. To think I used to find one minute a long time is crazy, it felt so fast today!

I think the plan now is to just keep going. I'm not sure I want to run for any longer at the moment, rather try to keep up with 3 runs a week.

Thank you for all the inspiration and advice! I can't believe I've done it!

8 Replies
oldestnewest

That's fantastic! 👏👏👏🎉🎉😃

Bask on that podium!

Consolidating 3 x 30 mins sounds good. I am at the consolidation stage too. I have found it helpful to make new playlists of favourite music & vary my routes. When ready, I'll try a park run for a different experience. 😀

1 like

Thank you 😆 I've heard a lot about park run, I will definitely look into it!

Consolidating after graduation is always a good plan. You have just got to this point, so enjoy running and getting fitter, stronger and better at it by running regularly for a few weeks/ months and just go wherever and however far the mood takes you.

Enjoy it, you've earned it

1 like

Congratulations! 🥇🍾👏Posts like yours make me believe I can do it!

Liz x

You definitely can! I hadn't run before in my life and now I'm running for 30 minutes. I can't quite believe it. You'll get there! 😆

1 like

Fantastic achievement 👏👏very well done 👍

1 like

Well done! Enjoy the wonderful sense of achievement! It's only the beginning for more happy running...

1 like

Very, very well done...Huge congratulations.. !

1 like

You may also like...