Couch to 5K
62,275 members95,034 posts

Thanks for keeping me motivated

I started C25K last week. I’ve never enjoyed running before and, if I’m honest, was never really interested in it. But my husband suggested we start running in turns (we have 4 kids) of a night time and I needed something to get me fitter and healthier. My sister suggested the C25K app - and I’m so glad she did! It’s both rewarding and exhausting - and the running hasn’t been as awful as I thought. Better still, I’ve been reading all your posts about your struggles and achievements and it always leaves me feeling like I might actually be able to run for 30 mins straight and that running 5K might actually be possible for me. Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks and please keep posting!

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Hey Badrunner - isn’t it amazing how running quickly becomes (gasp!) quite enjoyable? I never thought I’d look forward to putting one foot in front of the other any faster than necessary to move from A to B.

Hope you have a good week 2 and beyond!

Hephz x

2 likes

Thanks, it’s definitely been a surprise

1 like

Very well done you.. it is so hard to get everything sorted to run, especially with a family!

Just follow the plan... slow and steady.. do not beat yourself up if things go a bit pear shaped and basically enjoy the journey !

2 likes

Its so rewarding and you will be running for 30 minutes...because it works😊

Good luck to you and hubby...onwards and upwards 😊x

1 like

Amazingly, crazily, it is not only possible but certain. Just -- don't quit, and you'll do it. It's well within your capabilities, I'm sure. I mean if you can handle 4 kids you are well on your way to being superwoman, right :-) -- and I know my kids have seen the benefit in a calmer, saner mum. We're right here with you.

Basically -- our bodies are amazing and we are built to run. We just need to give ourselves the chance.

4 likes

Thank you. What beautiful words of encouragement

1 like

Just follow the programme...it's all perfectly doable, even the bits which seem daunting aren't when you try them. Make sure you let us know you're you get on.

1 like

I will do. Thanks!

Huge well done to you both for finding a way to run ( rings?!) around your family.

Running has been a revelation to me (after decades of thinking I wouldn't be able to do it) with so many benefits. Go gently and enjoy it. 😄

1 like

Thanks!

You may also like...