Couch to 5K
63,842 members96,874 posts

Ya ya 4k and a personal best km time!

4th consecutive run back from can't-remember-December :-) -- stats say 4.22 km and 8:18 average pace -- and one km at 7:31 (!!!!) (when I started I was over 9 minutes per km). So my break didn't break me and that feels great. 35 minutes.

The weather is horrible -- the whole day is twilight, with a light drizzle and a thin coating of snow on the ground that's also kind of ice and kind of slippery. The river has little slicks of ice, kind of dirty and sad. But my new vow is that every other day, if I can run (i.e. if it's not a blizzard or the snow too deep to be safe), then I will run. The regularity is really important for me.

Today I had robot legs -- my mind just drifted away, and as always as soon as that happens I start to feel this second gear kick in -- I feel stronger, my lungs work better, my legs seem to push harder, l lean in and relax -- it's so enjoyable!! Does anyone else feel this?

Happy new year running!

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done!

1 like

Nicely done, you are definitely not just a fair weather runner - that weather shows commitment!

Love the idea of running very other day - that's a great habit to take into 2018 - I may copy it!

Happy New Year and keep outrunning those Zombies

2 likes

Sounds like a brilliant run. Happy New Year runner 🍾

1 like

Well done!!

This week I have been out in slippery icy conditions and today I was running uphill into a very strong wind jumping over massive puddles wondering if I’ll ever get through to end of run and suddenly I just settle into it and it feels great!!!

Happy New Year! 😀🎉

1 like

Yay! Go go gadget Robot legs!!! It's a beautiful thing when everything falls into place, the stars align and the perfect run is had. Here's to a 2018 filled with more wonderful runs!

2 likes

Sounds brilliant ejvcruns ....just brilliant!!! Happy new year to you xx

1 like

I haven't had robot legs for many weeks! But so glad you are feeling the wonderful effects of running, you deserve it! Happy New Year! xx

2 likes

Go you! Sounds a great run - good pace 😊 Robot legs - an amazing feeling!

1 like

You may also like...