Couch to 5K
54,795 members87,291 posts

Week8 run1 treadmill thanks to snow and ice

Week8 run1 treadmill thanks to snow and ice

We are snowed in again so this was a treadmill run. I could have kept going longer but didn't. I'm still getting the hang of the speed it should be set etc. I had it on 3.5 and 4, but it feels so different to running outside that I have no idea if that was right I might even be running out of synch with the belt, I just don't know. I feel pretty good now though.

13 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done Flick

1 like

Well thank you kind sir!

1 like

No you're doing very nicely and moving through the program well

1 like

Thank you. I had a wobble the other day when I couldnt complete the run and felt totally drained. I still kind of dread my outside runs here because of the hills. Sometimes I want to make excuses not to go. I know it’s brilliant training to have to run hills all the time, but it’s so exhausting and relentless. Still, they are MY hills so I shall persevere.

I still have the vision in my head of you running decked in fairy lights😂

1 like

what area are you in (general location) with it being so hilly, I was lucky enough to find a relatively level trail to do my c25k on though have since moved on to running hills as I can't avoid them forever and am slowly finding them easier.

Glad you liked the lights run, have done a couple more since then lol and will probably get decked up for new years eve

Oh and we can all have wobbles and bad runs xx

1 like

I'm in Chipping Norton. We live on top of a hill. The flattest bit in the town still has up and down bits. When the evenings get lighter, I shall go out to the roads leading out of town, that are flatter but unlit.

I find the hills easier now, well no choice really.

You are very brave running lit up. Most of re hoping NOT to be noticed LOL.

1 like

that was my point, I wanted to show that we don't need to be embarrassed by what we look like, we are all awesome

1 like

You are so right. but you look great anyway, like a proper runner, like you mean business!

1 like

thank you, looks can be deceiving lol

1 like

I think that 3.5/4 is mph not kph looking at these stats!

1 like

Oh! LOL. Or else I'm outrunning the belt, which is more than possible...

1 like

Hey Flick

I'm not too familiar with the treadmill, I used one in the gym, but it was just on time and a slow to medium speed. So I can't offer any help, lol. Which app are you using in your pic? It's easy on the eye, I like that one. Good luck with the treadmill x

1 like

I HATE the dreadmill...but needs must...It spoils me for outside as it's so easy to run on it without getting out of breath :( The big gym and running shop dreadmills are much easier as more room to stretch out, but I'm getting used to mine.

The app is Garmin Connect.I have a Garmin watch. It connects with Strava and send my runs there too.

1 like

You may also like...