Couch to 5K

What do you do that you never thought you would? This week I've been riding the old pushbike to work

It's years since I rode regularly. Since stopping smoking and taking up running I can breathe again. It's such a joy to be able to get on the pushy and ride to work in the afternoon and then to ride home along the foreshore at night.

I've dropped one run a week since graduating because it's ridiculous to do city runs on concrete with no shade in summer here. I've been doing a late night mid-week run, my lovely bush run on the weekend and riding my bike every day.

I feel like there was a me, before and I thought that me was happy but there wasn't much life in her. Now I'm bursting with it and I can't even begin to describe the elation.

I know you guys know what I'm talking about :)

6 Replies
oldestnewest

That's great, I love my bike, always good to hear of someone else enjoying cycling.

I never thought I'd look at stairs and think, "yes, an excuse for a bit of exercise"

I do know what you mean, the BR before running me was not as happy as the AR me. Long may it continue for us both!

1 like

Yeah! Cheers to that :)

Hi good news!..is the bike a newbie? I did have a Carlton Continental 5 speed in a lovely metallic orange circa 1973.....Happy Days!!

1 like

It's circa 2000 or so, but it has the ape-hanger handlebars reminiscent of the old dragster. My mates call it the Fonzie bike :-)

Just wonderful! 😃😃😃

1 like

:)

You may also like...