Couch to 5K
52,750 members • 84,862 posts

Wk9Run1 😀 Conquering a failed run!

Wk9Run1 😀 Conquering a failed run!

So, two weeks ago, I attempted my first 25 minute run. I had gone to the local woods, Wendover, a beautiful area, but part of the Chilterns hills. My Stepdad, a very experienced runner, has been my running buddy throughout the programme, and helps me keep a steady pace, allows me to push myself a little, and generally cheers me on, suggested the woods as an alternative route. We set off, and, to cut a long story short, I failed to do the 25 minute run. Having pushed myself on Friday, (Wk8Run3) to run a full 5k, instead of sticking to a 28 minute run as per the programme, I promised myself (and IannodaTruffe) that I would do the last 3 Runs for enjoyment and not to risk injury! So, today, my Stepdad and I went up to Wendover Woods again, and I did my 30 minute run. So happy though, as I managed the same route I'd failed to run two weeks ago, and covered almost 4k in that time. Really pleased with this, as it is not a flat route, it was icy in some parts, muddy in others, and there were a fair few bits where I had to avoid tripping over tree roots too! 2 runs til graduation, and I am a very happy Snodi 😀🏃❤

14 Replies
oldest • newest

Well done, sounds like a great run. 2 to go!!!

1 like

Thank you! It felt great, and so did eating my Wetherspoons brekky afterwards 😉😂

2 likes

Fantastic, go you. Nearly on that podium 😀

1 like

Thank you! Not long, Yaaaaaaaaaay! 😊

1 like

Very well done...a tough run by the sound of it... and tricky too! Go you.... Soooo close now :)

1 like

Thank you x 😁

1 like

Really well done. See, it wasn't a failed run, it was a learning opportunity! :)

1 like

Thank you, yes, I should look at it like that! X

Comeback runs are the most satisfying. Well done and congratulations

1 like

Thank you x

1 like

Sounds just my kind of run (and if you're doing hilly off-road stuff go by time on your feet rather than distance. My 10k time on the flat was 55 mins but anywhere up to 1hr15mins in the hills.)

1 like

Admittedly, it wasn't overly hilly where I ran today, but definitely more of a challenge than my usual flat 'round the town, runs 😊

Yay. Well done. Sounds like a great run especially in tricky conditions. The finishing flag is in sight. You can do it 🙌🏻😀👏🏼🙋🏻

1 like

Thank you! Nearly there! X 😁😁

1 like

You may also like...