W5R2 - can’t believe I did it

I did it. I wasn’t sure how I would cope with the increase from 5 to 8 mins but I stayed positive & thought about my where I was running to having first fixed my mind on my route. I’ve been keeping the same route so that I can use the little landmarks as my journey markers which has really helped me with each extended run. So far so good. But I have to admit run 3 is a huge increase on everything so far. Hope I can do it 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

9 Replies
oldestnewest

You will be able to do it. Trust the programme and take inspiration for all on here who have faced and conquered the same.

I was like you - 5 to 8-minute trepidation on Tuesday but when I got into a rhythm the time seemed to fly by.

I have W5R3 due tomorrow but currently laid low with a cold/flu thing. Legs and lungs still feel ok, so it might still be on.

1 like

Tx Javert. I think you’re right. And good luck 👍

You can and will, steady pacing will get you there, looking forward to reading your happy post!

1 like

It is really OK. You're actually almost there and on your next run you will surprise yourself. Just go out slow and steady.

1 like

I just completed the same run this lunchtime. I really wasn't sure about moving up to 8 mins but it wasn't as bad as I thought. Am dreading having to run for 20 mins but as the others have said, keep it slow and steady, and it won't be as bad as we think. There is a huge sense of accomplishment afterwards while the legs recover from their jelly-like status :) !

2 likes

You will be fine. I felt exactly the same way and did it this morning. I’m super chuffed with myself. Just keep going and think about how great you will feel when you’ve done it. I imagined a finish line tape to break through and it really spurred me on. Good luck 👍

You will!

Yes, you will! Believe in yourself - you are ready for this - and the sense of achievement afterwards is just the best feeling. Just take it 'slow and steady' and you'll be amazed at what you can do

1 like

I did the same run this morning. Surprised how easy it was

1 like

You may also like...