Confidence restored : I’d recently had difficult... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K

118,795 members149,802 posts

Confidence restored

Geord68 profile image
Geord68Graduate

I’d recently had difficult outings and could not understand why I ran out of energy. After researching how asthma is affected by running in cold weather, I was oblivious that the cold air affected the airwaves thus after 15 minutes running I was stopping. I had thought my post graduation routines were to blame.

Very nervous today, thought no less than 2 miles, air temperature good, dry outside, lets do it.

Just gone and recorded 49 minutes non stop, OMG!! Mrs B & My longest run yet. 😀😀😀

Oh, I have a neckerchief for those cold days hopefully that will help to take the edge off the cold air intakes.

3 Replies
SaskAlliecat profile image
SaskAlliecatGraduate

Glad you were able to find a reason for your troubles and a solution🤔! Good job on the 49 minute run! Here's looking forward to a winter full of glorious running (provided you can keep that air entering your lungs warmed 🙂)

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator

Buffs are brilliant too, to keep out that cold air :) Very well done!

Pirateferret profile image
PirateferretGraduate

My asthma is massively affected by the cold. I also dont think it helps that now parks are shut in the evening I have to run near a few busy roads and i can instantly tell the difference. Glad the mystery is solved!

You may also like...