Seduced by a bit of bling!

I was very impressed with the bling that EJVC runs received for her virtual run. So much so that I've signed up for one myself! I'll be running a 5K for the Christmas Jumper Run with some of the proceeds going to the Brain Tumour Trust. I'm super excited and I'm also happy that I've given myself a goal - plus, I love a bit of bling! Wish me luck !! 🏅🏅🏅

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Brilliant, I'm thinking about doing one myself, serious bling envy, good luck.

1 like

I think you should go for it! Apart from the bling, it's for a good cause too!

2 likes

Ooh yes, wait till you see all the virtual bling I've ordered up. It's very cheery! Christmas jumper sounds very promising...

1 like

I think I've caught the bug now - thank you for your post, you inspired me! I'm going to check out some more now!!

1 like

I've signed up to a couple of friend's virtual 'marathon' quests, not bad when spread out over a month or two and good incentives to keep running over the darkest coldest months. Raising funds for Action Medical Research and Mind.

Well done to you! I'm a solitary runner so I think they will suit me down to the ground!

1 like

That was why I started:)

I thought bling was not my thing..but having started the virtual runs... oh dear!!!

Virtual is becoming viral!

Could someone explain a "virtual run"??

Essentially it's a run that you can do anywhere and on your own. You can sign up to do one e.g. I've just signed up with the British Legion to do a virtual 5K for Remberance Day. Entry was free but I've paid £10 for a medal (bit of bling) and the money (or some of it) goes to charity. So, on 11th November at 11am I will set off on my usual 5K route knowing that I will be joined by fellow runners on this forum - see rolysmate's post. Good luck !

You may also like...