Couch to 5K

Goodbye Week 8!

Hello everyone - this morning I completed week 8. It was a lovely sunny morning, the sort where you feel sooo cold to begin with but boiling hot very quickly! My pace was slower, which I know I must not focus on (grrr to Strava, I had been enjoying building up my pace) I know it's about stamina and completing my goals. I put this down to perhaps preferring to go out later in the day as I felt a little empty and had wobbly legs, it became a mental battle at points (one I knew I would win). Does anybody else find this? I had a banana and some water before I went, but I do feel I have more energy later on in the day.

So next week sees week 9 for me and my final 3 runs, hopefully. Can I run for 30 mins.. I do hope so!

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Hey well done! I've got one more week 8 run left, so I know what an achievement it is to get where you have. Looking forward to seeing your graduation post very soon :-)

2 likes

Hey thanks Neil! Well done to you too. How have you found week 8 so far? I look forward to your graduation post too :)

1 like

Gosh week 8... challenging to be honest! No idea where I'm going to find the extra 2 minutes from, but I'm just trusting the program:-) last week 8 run should be tomorrow if all goes well...

1 like

Keep us updated as to how it goes. It's been the other way round for me, my second run was my best I think and the first wasn't so bad either. My last, ehhh... well I completed it!! Must not let Strava and my speed demons weigh me down! You'll do it and you will feel mighty afterwards. Wow, we have ran for 28 minutes!!

1 like

The two minutes is hiding....It will be there when you head out :) It disguises itself in, slow and steady :)

2 likes

Good work, Sades! But sorry about the wobbly legs thing. Some runs are just a bit meh, I find. Maybe it was the time of day for you? But great work finishing off week 8! You will not have a problem with week 9, trust me. Those extra couple of minutes are nothing at this stage of the game!

Just three more runs - I am cheering you on! 😘😘😘

1 like

Thank you lovely Sadie!! I do think it’s time of day, yes. Think I’m better off later in the day. Doesn’t do well for park runs though unless I get up at 4.00am 😂

1 like

Well done you're nearly there. I didn't find the two minutes more too much of a shock and you just added a whole 3 mins this week 👏 I had a small bowl of porridge, cup of tea and 2 pints water before my park run and that seemed to do the trick

2 likes

I’ll try that - thank you very much. I didn’t eat as much in comparison

Keep it slow and steady..makes sure you are well hydrated and keep up the exercises on rest days for your strength and stamina :)

1 like

Thank you!

1 like

You may also like...