Hot hot hot W6R2 ✅

First things first, I faced my demons and went out for a run in pure daylight! That is itself is progress for me. 😀 The rain was drizzling so that is great conditions for keeping me cool during the run, or so I thought. As usual the first 5 mins were hard but I picked up during the second 5. I jogged through the streets trying to avoid builders and dustmen who have an annoying habit of shouting out! Another reason to run in the dark 😂 I did get very hot again in the 3 min interval walk but held on and powered through the final 10 minute run. I’m not giving up. I even improved my pace and distance now reaching 4.26km. Yes, I’m pleased with myself but ever so hot at the finish. W6R3 planned for Saturday 😱

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

21 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sounds to me like a very good run and you did it in the daylight!! Go you 😊😊

• Yes, thanks. My confidence is building. Getting myself prepared for the 25 mins on Saturday. Giving myself some positive talks and going to take it very very slow 😀

• Sounds like the perfect plan 👍🏼

• Well done you! You'll enjoy W6R3 btw... you're more than capable of completing it, and WHEN you do, you'll feel amazing. Who knew we'd start enjoying running??

• Thanks Neil. It is strange that I’m enjoying running so much. I just can’t believe it. I’m determined to beat this challenge 🙋🏻

• Well done TJMazz... you nailed that.

Good luck with W6 R3... start slowly, stay slow and finish strong 😊xx

• Thanks Jan. I’m going for it 💪🏻

• Well done TJM, that's a good distance, good luck on Saturday.

• Thanks. Spookily I can’t wait to get out and get on with it. 😀

• Fantastic,, cheering for you😃

• Thanks for the support 😀

• Really well done, a great run

• Thank you 😊

• Good work, TK Mazz, well done! You are at a lovely stage of the programme, a chance to really see how far you have come. Keep it up – the rewards just keep coming.

Sadie x

P.S. I always run early morns, when there are so few people about!

• Thank you. Yes, I definitely prefer the early mornings 😀

• Slow and steady and well done you..ignore the masses, they should be getting on with their work!

• Thanks. I’m really pleased with my progress. 😀

• Doing amazingly.. the folk who call out are in awe of you !

• Ahh bless you. Thanks for your support 😘

• TJMazz, that's brilliant, you can work your way through the podcast at your own pace. I know the feeling of being hit, my face is flushed within 5 minutes of running. Plus, I'm happier in a vest than any other top, even if it's colder. Let us know how you get on lovely x

• Thankyou. Looking forward to W6R3 tomorrow to see how I get on. 😀

You may also like...