Couch to 5K
65,154 members β€’ 98,441 posts

Week 8 Sunrise

So decided to get up early today so I could get started on Wk8 before going up to York to spend a couple of days with daughter 1 who's at uni there.

Not run in the morning dark before but started on usual evening path along well lit bypass. Once it started to get light I then cut across onto fields which meant I could watch the sunrise as I ran .. a whole new life experience!

At 10 minutes I wondered if I could do 28. At 20 I knew I would. At 5 mins to go I even sped up a bit!

A life changing run and what a way to start the day. I feel soooo good 😊

12 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

That is brilliant so glad your run went well and watching the sunrise too that’s awesome

1 like

Great stuff., nothing quite like being out there to see the sun rise πŸ™‚ Good innit πŸ‘

2 likes

It is indeed

Isn't it wonderful ? Those early runs are superb... Could you get hooked?

Well done you... enjoy your time in York :)

1 like

Think I'm hooked already!

Sounds like a wonderful run. Well done fir completing the 28mins. Nearly there now. πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌEnjoy time with your daughter

1 like

Well done - I did my first W8 yesterday and it was great when you suddenly realise you are going to do it. My speed up came a bit later at around 27 mins!! Only 5 more to go! Enjoy your visit and York is a lovely city.

2 likes

Brilliant. Just brilliant πŸ‘πŸ˜ŠπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

1 like

Wonderful! ... and have a great day with your daughter. πŸ˜„

1 like

Sounds like a great run - it could have been mine this morning err without York or the daughter! Just 5 more to go and the finish line is in sight. Have a great rest of the day.

1 like

Can't believe only 5 more runs of programme left 😒😊

1 like

😁

You may also like...