Couch to 5K
54,989 members87,516 posts

Smashed it!

Just finished Wk 5 and actually really enjoyed the run! Can’t actually believe I ran for 20mins without getting breathless and feeling relaxed! This programme REALLY is fantastic. Ask anyone who knows me if I run and they would laugh...I might just have to tell family and friends I’ve started jogging 😁. You will hear their disbelief all round the country!

15 Replies
oldestnewest

It is truly amazing and well done you. I know exactly how you feel 😀

1 like

Thank you

Well done this run is a big confidence boost, onwards and upwards from here

1 like

Thank you. Really looking forward to next week.

1 like

Excellent! That first continuous 20 minute run is a real milestone. Well done and keep at it. 👏👏👏

1 like

Thank you

Very well done you..keep it slow and keep it steady and carry on surprising everyone :)

The lovely longer runs come next and you can really relax into the runs..let the legs, the newly-found running legs do their own thing... breathe and enjoy and start to find your happy pace:)

Thank you 😊 My happy pace is really slow but frightened to increase pace in case I start to struggle.

Well done. That’s amazing. Did you find the 20 mins at all difficult? I have this run tomorrow and feeling a bit more than nervous 😀

1 like

I actually was nervous beforehand but have got to say I started well..sometimes I get my knickers in a twist about breathing but today I put it right out of my head and just concentrated on the music I was listening to and before I knew it 15mins had passed and felt great knowing that only had 5 to go and again I felt strong at the end...really really surprised myself! Just believe in the programme it works. I look forward to hearing about your run

1 like

Sounds great. Watch this space 🤞

1 like

It is such a feeling when that one completed .... feels monumental so enjoy the buzz — well done you 🎉

1 like

Thank you. It did feel somewhat monumental 😁

1 like

That's great, huge well done - and lovely that you enjoyed it.

I have done the same run today- I managed but it was a slog. Hopefully I will enjoy the next one more, I usually do! 😀

Fab well done! We can do this!

You may also like...