Couch to 5K
52,617 members84,704 posts

A right pain in the neck

Woke up this morning ready for my little jog around the forests of Switzerland. All my stuff laid out where I left it.

Quick shower to wake me up a bit.

Drying myself down. Drying my head and BANG!!!!

Blinding white light as a searing pain shot down my neck and into my shoulder blade.

So knowing that for a pinched nerve there is nothing you can do but wait I am now having to walk around doing that turning at the waist thing to look at things.

I have an hours drive from the meeting back to the hotel and then a 2 hour flight to Copenhagen. None of which is going to loosen up my neck.

So despite completing a 9 week program with no injuries and now running 5km 3x a week I put myself on the IC by drying my head after getting out of the shower.

:/

9 Replies
oldestnewest

... its always the way... yikes that sounds awful. I hope it feels better soon....take care

3 likes

Oh no!!! I remember my dad slipping a disc in his back lifting up a postage stamp, so these things do happen. I hope you recover soon, all the best!

3 likes

oh no! Take it easy. Hope it's better soon.

3 likes

Ouch GingerBohemian ...talk about agony, it’s awful coz your head often feels too heavy for your neck to hold up too...poor you...hope it doesn’t last too much longer 🙏🏻

2 likes

Oh, bummer! So sorry to hear this. 🙁 Hope it eases up really, really soon.

3 likes

Found a local chemist who gave me some muscle relaxant prescription stuff. Said I should have had a prescription but I think she could see I wasn’t putting it on.

Plus, bless her, she gave me loads of heat gel sample sachets as she said I wouldn’t be able to take a tube of gel on the plane.

I don’t think I will be taking off my shirt and asking a fellow passenger to massage some gel into my neck and shoulder but it was good of her all the same.

So I will have to run Switzerland at the end of November when I am next here.

4 likes

Hi GingerBohemian , showers can be dangerous for us graduates. Jancanrun will vouch for that. I hope it gets better soon!

2 likes

Ouchie.... !!! That sounds really painful... gentle hug x

2 likes

Oh nooooo😲😲. Bloody typical ... the simple things get you ... my husband did his back getting the grill from the oven .

I really hope it recovers quickly .. the pharmacist sounds like a great human being ... I love people who just want to help others ...

1 like

You may also like...