Couch to 5K
60,157 members92,801 posts

One year on

Well it's a year since I graduated as a 5 k runner ;-). I remeber my first one in the park in the pouring rain ☔️. A couple of months before I had my pace maker ! So am reflecting on my year ;-).

I am a running convert , I so love it . It makes me feel calm .gives me time to myself to think about absolutely everything and also time to think about absolutely nothing .How wonderful is that .

This Sunday I will be running my first half marathon ( the manchester half ) , I'm exited but a little anxious .

This site enabled me to go from couch to 5k , has helped me to loose over 4 stone , been here to encourage and support me . Also provided so many top tips ,and shared others inspiring story's to motivate me

What a brilliant community to be part off xxxx

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Oooo What an inspiring post. I love it when people like you write, it fills me with confidence that this habit can be maintained and continues to sustain :)

Good luck with the HM :)

2 likes

Beautiful- fantastic and well done you!! Good luck with the half marathon- I’m sure you will smash it 😊

2 likes

Oooh Good luck on Sunday Mollydex with your Manchester HM..

Well done on your running acheivements.😊x

1 like

Although 6 weeks ago I would not have believed I'd be running for 25 mins tomorrow

I can categorically state that I shall NEVER EVER run a HM or 10k !?!?!?!?!?! (Yet)

So good luck to you and very well done

2 likes

You will be amazed.... so don't write it off yet, just wait and see how you feel a few weeks post graduation... lol!!

2 likes

Excellent post , very inspiring. Good luck on the half marathon. I will never get to that level 😁

2 likes

Congratulations on your anniversary and thank you for sharing your running experience ... very inspirational.

1 like

What a great post. Well done on your weight loss and wonderful to hear you have kept up your running. Wishing you every success for the half marathon 😀

1 like

You may also like...