Couch to 5K
64,031 members97,077 posts

Run and tumble

So.....just as I was coming to the end of the second 8 minute run in w5r2 I was feeling strong, gaining pace down a conveniently placed descent when i tripped over an ueven section of pavement in the dark and took a full on slide across the gravel. Nice gravel burns on both hands and my right elbow and I hate to think what colour my hip will be in the morning.

May need 2 recovery days before the mighty w5r3!

34 Replies
oldestnewest

Omg.😵 I hope you are ok? Sounds rather nasty. Make sure you take enough rest before the next run 🏃

4 likes

Thank you. It could have been a lot worse. The grazes are very shallow but my hip will appreciate a bit of TLC

Ouch! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

2 likes

Take it easy!!!

1 like

Thank you!

Oh no xx rest up xxx

1 like

Thank you. Will listen to my body and pick my feet up more!

Bad luck, Yvette, that sounds painful 😯 If it makes you feel any better, I went splat in the mud this morning and will be taking two rest days before the next run - make sure you rest well 🙂

1 like

Yikes! Hope you recover soon too

1 like

Ouch that sounds painful shakes you up as well hope you recover soon x

1 like

Apart from screaming on my way down i was able to pick myself up and hobble through the last few seconds. Getting straight back on the horse....

2 likes

Oouch sounds painful poor you. Hope it's not too serious. Wishing you better soon x

1 like

Thanks. I'll be fine soon

Ooo that sounds painful!!! Definitely take it easy and take more than 2 days if you need to. Hope it heals quickly xx

Thank you. Already laughing about it - aside from the pain in my hip. No serious damage done

1 like

Ouch.. rest up and be ready for Run 3, which by the way... is just another run, that you are ready for :)

1 like

Thanks. I'll just have longer to look forward to that 20 minute run

2 likes

... which you will do beautifully!

1 like

Ouch! Hope the bruise isn't too bad, rest up 😟

1 like

Lots of ice-packs and tryiing to keep hobbling around so that I don't completely seize up

2 days deffo I would say, you may be a bit stiff tomorrow.

1 like

Yes. It will be a watch and wait situation

1 like

Oh dear, wish you better! I recently went to Austria and took out an e-bike for some exercise, came off and ended up being off work for 4 weeks - the hazards of keeping fit but well worth it - you have to take the good with the bad😏

1 like

Thank you

Falling over's the worst. Get better soon and do make sure you haven't done any real damage. Gravel should be banned. xx

1 like

Thanks. Yes I'm not a gravel fan

Gravel looks nice on drives, but not when in your skin. And I think a nice extra days rest is definitely in order

1 like

Gravel damage was minimal in the end. The hipp bruise wss more significant

Ooh nasty, hope it improves soon

1 like

Much better now thanks - colourful bruising though!

Ouch!! Make sure you rest properly before heading out for run 3 (and maybe email the council about that pavement!).

1 like

Thanks but the whole town probably needs repaving!

1 like

For the hip: another days rest.

For the road rash there may be bits in the cut so get some cold water. A cloth. Some ice. And some clear alcohol.

Put the ice in the alcohol for 4-5 minutes. Then gently sip at it whilst dabbing the grazes with the damp cloth.

1 like

Love it!

1 like

You may also like...