Run and tumble

So.....just as I was coming to the end of the second 8 minute run in w5r2 I was feeling strong, gaining pace down a conveniently placed descent when i tripped over an ueven section of pavement in the dark and took a full on slide across the gravel. Nice gravel burns on both hands and my right elbow and I hate to think what colour my hip will be in the morning.

May need 2 recovery days before the mighty w5r3!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

34 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Omg.😡 I hope you are ok? Sounds rather nasty. Make sure you take enough rest before the next run πŸƒ

• Thank you. It could have been a lot worse. The grazes are very shallow but my hip will appreciate a bit of TLC

• Ouch! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

• Take it easy!!!

• Thank you!

• Oh no xx rest up xxx

• Thank you. Will listen to my body and pick my feet up more!

• Bad luck, Yvette, that sounds painful 😯 If it makes you feel any better, I went splat in the mud this morning and will be taking two rest days before the next run - make sure you rest well πŸ™‚

• Yikes! Hope you recover soon too

• Ouch that sounds painful shakes you up as well hope you recover soon x

• Apart from screaming on my way down i was able to pick myself up and hobble through the last few seconds. Getting straight back on the horse....

• Oouch sounds painful poor you. Hope it's not too serious. Wishing you better soon x

• Thanks. I'll be fine soon

• Ooo that sounds painful!!! Definitely take it easy and take more than 2 days if you need to. Hope it heals quickly xx

• Thank you. Already laughing about it - aside from the pain in my hip. No serious damage done

• Ouch.. rest up and be ready for Run 3, which by the way... is just another run, that you are ready for :)

• Thanks. I'll just have longer to look forward to that 20 minute run

• ... which you will do beautifully!

• Ouch! Hope the bruise isn't too bad, rest up 😟

• Lots of ice-packs and tryiing to keep hobbling around so that I don't completely seize up

• 2 days deffo I would say, you may be a bit stiff tomorrow.

• Yes. It will be a watch and wait situation

• Oh dear, wish you better! I recently went to Austria and took out an e-bike for some exercise, came off and ended up being off work for 4 weeks - the hazards of keeping fit but well worth it - you have to take the good with the bad😏

• Thank you

• Falling over's the worst. Get better soon and do make sure you haven't done any real damage. Gravel should be banned. xx

• Thanks. Yes I'm not a gravel fan

• Gravel looks nice on drives, but not when in your skin. And I think a nice extra days rest is definitely in order

• Gravel damage was minimal in the end. The hipp bruise wss more significant

• Ooh nasty, hope it improves soon

• Much better now thanks - colourful bruising though!

• Ouch!! Make sure you rest properly before heading out for run 3 (and maybe email the council about that pavement!).

• Thanks but the whole town probably needs repaving!

• For the hip: another days rest.

For the road rash there may be bits in the cut so get some cold water. A cloth. Some ice. And some clear alcohol.

Put the ice in the alcohol for 4-5 minutes. Then gently sip at it whilst dabbing the grazes with the damp cloth.

• Love it!

You may also like...