Hello everyone - yes, I'm still around!

I thought it was time I posted again because by now it might look as if I had gone away for good. Frankly it feels a bit like that for me, it's nearly 9 weeks now since I tore my Soleus muscle in a running handicap race (the Soleus is one of the two muscles in your calf - just in case like me you didn't even know you'd got any!). Physio every week and gradually, ever so ever so slowly, getting better but can't yet run. Still quite a few weeks to go yet so as soon as I get the all-clear I'm plotting to go back and re-use the C25K podcasts to get me back running again. In the meantime I've become a stalwart Parkrun volunteer on Saturdays - at least that's one day in the week where I'm not too grumpy about being unable to run! Good luck to everyone on your running journey: I'm addicted now and trying hard to be a good patient .....

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • David.... !

Hi there..how lovely to hear from you.. I wondered what was going on!

You are being so sensible.. and it will pay off. I am back to about 7K now after such a long spell on the IC..it is, as ever with me, slow and steady!

Well done you on your volunteering at least you can soak up the atmosphere:)

It sounds like a great plan to travel through C 2 5K again, you will know the form and maybe can move forward a tad quicker if you feel up to it!

Patience, my friend.. your time will come :) x

• I much prefer snailpace jogging Parkrun to being a Marshal, but even so it's good to meet up with some of the "running folks" I've got to know locally. I never thought it would happen to me (someone who hated running even back in my very very long distant memories of school) but still being on my longish-term IC I look enviously at people jogging along and wish I was back doing it as well! Not very good at being patient - or being a patient come to that!

• That sounds nasty but I am glad you are keeping in touch with running and keeping occupied on Saturday mornings at least.

Here's hoping you are running again soon.

• Oh what a shame, but glad you're keeping your hand in at weekends even if you can't yet use your legs at Park Run. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.

• Thank you. I'd rather be running Parkrun but I still love the atmosphere, I'm a huge fan. I'll get there in the end but my physio is saying it will be quite a while yet.

You may also like...