Not as bad as I thought it was

I had to take the car to the garage this morning so thought I would do that and run back (garage is in the next village along). Not a nice road, a fair amount of traffic and no paths so much diving into hedges was required. Then a run down the valley before a very steep walk up a very rough track. I didn't even think about trying to run it. Having got into walk mode, it took me a while to get around to running again. I guess I ran for a total of about 25 minutes.

It all felt a bit of a cop out until I looked at the Runkeeper report - I had taken 40 minutes and covered over 5K. Which is what I have done on my Parkruns. Though I don't usually do any walking on those. So it wasn't so bad after all. It perhaps indicates that my next Park run might give a better time. Which is encouraging because I'm still struggling with my motivation a bit (a lot). Feeling a bit better now.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Sheps go you, that's a storming result, especially with hill walking included. Blinking well done, when you next going out? I'm thinking run to collect the car?

• You want me to run twice in one day?

• Oops I never thought about that side I thought collect it the day after? I'd be a rubbish timekeeper....

• Well done you...all good practice for you :)

You may also like...