Couch to 5K

Consolidation

Consolidation

So after finishing the cto5k programme I decided that I needed to consolidate my ability at 5k before trying to push on so am currently continuing pretty much as I was running three times a week out to 5k so a little over the week 9 30 minute runs

So was out this evening in the rain pounding my route and finished 5k in an average pace of 6.42 per kl

Would like to think I could get down to sub 30 mins but wont beat myself up if I don't

16 Replies
oldestnewest

Good job 👏🏼 I've yet to experience a run in the rain but I'm sure my time will come!!

2 likes

It's not unpleasant and preferable to running in heat!

2 likes

I actually thought it was better running in the rain -keeps you cool at least! A good pace there, btw !

2 likes

thank you, was very happy with it

Good, chilled attitude. That's how I'm hoping to carry on once I 'graduate' too. I won't be reaching 5k in or anywhere near 30 minutes by the end of week 9 but a little bit of stamina and determination will get me there eventually, but there's no rush.

2 likes

I'm just running a little longer to get to 5k, a few weeks at this and will probably then take it out a little further

Sounds like you have a good plan for consolidation. Your time sounds great. Have you thought about doing a Parkrun?

1 like

this has all been building towards that, I selected a park run and then started cto5k with 2 extra weeks to get me there

I then went public and asked for sponsorship and the response has been great, I have £440 sponsorship (for veterans charity) and run my park run next Saturday

Well good luck and enjoy. 🏃🏼

1 like

👏👏wow well done to you, I love running in the rain 😀

1 like

Honestly rolysmate....you are my inspiration, you have kept me going & spurred me on....please please PLEASE don't stop posting on here, I love your posts & encouragement...running in the rain is fantastic...your picture says it all!!! Love it

1 like

That's awesome! 🏃🏻👏🏼

1 like

Your doing well mate but don't overdo it 😀

1 like

just following the routine of three runs a week, not pushing it but times have improved as I believe I've got stronger

1 like

Well done fellow consolidatee I did mine this morning 5.6 km with a hill that was horrid, and in rain and wind. That was a shocker. But it's actually nice doing the consolidation thing.... JNRs advice for me is working nicely. I am not stressed about it at all it's just nice doing the distance...

1 like

Yes I'm enjoying the running now and looking forward to doing a few different ones

You may also like...