The Greatest

Just completed W3 R1. Started in a rather negative frame of mind which is unusual for me but the thought of running for 3 minutes was enough to make me doubt myself. The first 3 mins run was tough which of course only confirmed my mindset but on the next 3 mins run I was pleasantly surprised because I was waiting for MJ to tell me I was half way through, only for him to say I only had another minute to go; nice psychological timing 👍 and I managed the run much better. This really is a well designed programme both for the body and the mind. Though I do think shuffling my playlists is helping too....big thanks to Sia singing me through my last 3 mins run.... I now believe my music is literally playing on my mind:

Uh-oh, running out of breath, but I

Oh, I, I got stamina

Uh-oh, running now, I close my eyes

Well, oh, I got stamina

And uh-oh, I see another mountain to climb

But I, I, I got stamina

Don't give up, I won't give up

Don't give up, no no no

Highly recommended track for your running tunes even if it's not your cup of tea.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done fellow smoothie. Mr Smooths timing is impeccable when you need him! Glad you got your music sorted, one of my early ones I had the same 3 tracks playing on repeat. I love Justin T, but not that much.... I think I feel Sia making it onto my playlist. Got to mix it up. Happy running in W3

• Song lyrics become important down the line 🙂🏃‍♀️👍✔️

They pick you up when you flag 💪

• Well done! I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that the song that works for me is gimme gimme gimme a man after midnight. Can't believe I just wrote that.

• No shame in a bit of Abba. Thanks

• If it works, it works! Do you sing along?

• Ok if we're talking embarrassing songs to run to- my favourite is "I've got everything that I neeeed" by the Muppets. It gets me laughing every time!

• Well done, stay positive and focused; Smooth FM was what helped me along the journey.

• Such a calming voice. Thanks

You may also like...