C25K and my progression

What can I say,

I can't recommend this app enough to people.

Back in January I was nearly 16 stone at 5ft 8". Not huge but borderline obese.

At first I couldn't run for longer than 5-10 mins tops with a 10-11min mile pace.

I stuck with the app and 9 weeks later I was running for 30 mins. It wasn't easy and some days were awful.

It's not all bout speed, just keep moving.

After completing the app I had a bug for it and have now signed up for a half marathon in October and currently able to run for approx 10 miles at a steady 8 1/2 min miles.

I feel better than I have ever done and currently down to 13 1/2 stone so the running has helped massively to acheive it without drastically Changing my diet either

Go for it guys!!!! You can do it!!!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

10 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • The magic of C25K!

Keep running, keep smiling.

• Wow! What speed you are now running at.

• Don't know but seem to average about 8 1/2 min miles on strava. The pace just came naturally and speed slowly progressed and is still progressing by pushing that little bit harder once a week

• Monty what a fab inspirational post. Just shows what a determined person you are. Well done

• I'll 2nd that! Well done!

• That's amazing - and such an inspiration. Congratulations on your achievements so far. I dream of one day being able to do a Half Marathon and posts like yours are such a motivation!

• You can do it Gabby!!

• That's fantastic, well done. Lot's of luck for the half marathon!

• Great post and just what we need :)

• That is brilliant, what a difference it must make to everyday life โ˜บ, I've lost a little bit of weight myself and everything just seems easier...

You may also like...