W2R2 on the funky treadmill: Well, today's plan... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K

111,385 members144,062 posts

W2R2 on the funky treadmill

Hidden
Hidden

Well, today's plan to get out of bed at stupid o'clock to go for my run failed at the first hurdle when I forgot to set the alarm. Plan B was to hit the gym at lunchtime. Now, I hate treadmills with a passion (too boring for my liking, even with a telly to watch) but my gym has a curvy, self-powered treadmill which is more akin to 'proper' running (the effort required is certainly a lot more than a motorised treadmill) so I decided to use that. Takes a bit of getting used to and controlling your speed is a bit tricky, but you have to concentrate or else you lose your balance and rhythm, and for me that makes it more interesting and more enjoyable than a 'normal' treadmill. Hopefully it'll be back to the great outdoors on Thursday, but as an alternative when you can't get outside, the curvy treadmill is definitely a fun option.

2 Replies
oldestnewest

That looks scary! I struggle with balance on a normal treadmill let alone that well done for doing better than I can!

misswobble
misswobbleGraduate in reply to Lulu_xx

Me too! I am a proper klutz and can barely manage one foot in front of the other. It looks good though, I have to say.

Not for me though. Great outdoors or nowt

Have fun on your next outside run!

You may also like...