Couch to 5K
65,247 members β€’ 98,608 posts

Week 1, Run 1

Hi,

After a couple of weeks of dithering I decided that this would be the weekend I started the Couch to 5K programme. I recently turned 50, slightly heavier than I would like and have not done any serious exercise in a long time so I was a little anxious about starting this.

I have just returned from my first run and was very pleased with how it went. I took it easy on the runs and couldn't believe that when I had finished I had done eight 60 second runs, I thought it was only about 6. Feeling really motivated now and can't wait for Tuesday.

4 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

I did my first week 1, run 1 today. Glad I did it but sure the minutes got longer lol. Have to try and work out my breathing as found myself out of breath a lot. But a good start. Going out next on Tuesday. Good luck

1 like

well done, im not far ahead did W 1 D2 yesterday. I need to work on my technique and breathing. Felt better this morning than i did on day after R1.

2 likes

Me too, my breathing during the running parts didn't feel right. Hoping this will get better as I go on.

2 likes

Brilliant - what a great start! πŸ˜€

You may also like...