Week 1, Run 1

Hi,

After a couple of weeks of dithering I decided that this would be the weekend I started the Couch to 5K programme. I recently turned 50, slightly heavier than I would like and have not done any serious exercise in a long time so I was a little anxious about starting this.

I have just returned from my first run and was very pleased with how it went. I took it easy on the runs and couldn't believe that when I had finished I had done eight 60 second runs, I thought it was only about 6. Feeling really motivated now and can't wait for Tuesday.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • I did my first week 1, run 1 today. Glad I did it but sure the minutes got longer lol. Have to try and work out my breathing as found myself out of breath a lot. But a good start. Going out next on Tuesday. Good luck

• well done, im not far ahead did W 1 D2 yesterday. I need to work on my technique and breathing. Felt better this morning than i did on day after R1.

• Me too, my breathing during the running parts didn't feel right. Hoping this will get better as I go on.

• Brilliant - what a great start! πŸ˜€

You may also like...