Couch to 5K
62,258 members95,011 posts

Another 5k at snail's pace

ok... It was faster than last week but I am still running really slowly. However if I ran at the 7.50 per km pace of the final 2 kms it would have been a whole lot better. This was run in lanes whereas the first 3 km is on farm track/a field and in woods. The countryside is going crazy with the recent rain so the off road running is quite challenging atm. Also got caught up in returning a friendly dog to it's home as it wanted to come running with me and my hound :)

Anyway, enjoyed the run and I think that the stepping stones podcast has helped (albeit a tiny bit) with my speed. onwards, onwards.......

16 Replies
oldestnewest

Slow, steady.. sounds daft but the speed increases :)

Go you...dog rescuer, wood wanderer, off road explorer and rain runner!!!

Well done :)

1 like

Ha ha. And Don't forget....waffler

1 like

Nah.. that is me xxx

2 likes

Yeah! I agree!😁 Noooo! Of course not! I always enjoy your posts!

How are you floss? Not going garrity are you? 😊

2 likes

What's garrity? I am a bit fed up.. the calf muscle is still iffy!

It's a saying from the 60s used by the youth at that time, meaning erratic behaviour, going mad!😁

1 like

A bit like.. err...me then :) x

Isn't the important bit the words towards the end of your post "enjoyed the run". As long as you are running and enjoying thats success. I am worried about running but not enjoying.

Absolutely. I think that when you first graduate, it feels a bit uncertain... what to do next? What is the next target? But I believe (based on all the advice I have received as well as on my own journey) is that it takes a little time to grow in confidence and comfort; to feel 'this is ok'. So yes I am happy with where I am.

......Just wish I was happy AND faster😊

I am 55 however and will never be a sprinter. I think that younger runners may have greater (and appropriate for them/you) ambitions than me.

I never thought I would get this far 😊

1 like

Yes quite agree with you, Helen. Since graduating I can't say I am running any faster but I feel more confident running 5 K now and happy to have achieved this! I vary my routes a bit and as I live on the south coast just jogging along looking at the views and listening to my music brings great pleasure! Long may it continue!

1 like

Helens Rock!

Totes agree with that !

1 like

Well done. I get what your saying, it is a little weird after graduation trying to find another plan. Once it's interesting and enjoyable that's all that matters. Sounds like you had a nice little adventure.

1 like

Thank you.

And that's the point really; every run is a little adventure 👍😁🏃‍♀️

3 likes

I've got my graduation run tomorrow and wanted to be prepared for what comes next as I have learned that the structure helps. I've downloaded the 5k Pacer and 10k Runner apps, will do a few weeks on 35 min runs and then start working on those... need to get through tomorrow first though :)

3 likes

You'll be fine!

Enjoy your graduation 🏃

You may also like...