Reddest face ever, and I don't mean sunburn!

Didn't have time to run this morning so thought I'd have an extra rest day and run tomorrow instead. Then about 4.30pm I thought the day had cooled down a bit and there was a nice breeze so decided I'd go for a run after all.

It was quite hard work, the wind was warm and stronger than I expected and I had the sun in my eyes half the time but

I managed to plod away for 5k. I walked for 5 min to warm down, got home, did my stretches and then looked in the mirror ... I have never seen my face look so red! Having always been a reluctant participator in sport I've obviously never exerted myself so much!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldest ‚ÄĘ newest
  • Haha, I ALWAYS end up looking like that! I'm sure the poor dog walkers at my local park think they should call me an ambulance. The funny thing is I seem to stay that red for a good hour after I've driven home, showered etc!! ūüĎĻ

• Me too, Val! Even when I feel cooler and completely recovered, it takes my face an absolute age to return to its normal colour! :D

• Might be worth investing in a cap to keep that lovely sun out of your eyes.

Great run!

• Yep. I have had a cool shower but my face is still really hot. Think that's just what exercise does to me.

• It happens to me too, can take a good hour to go down. I don't think it's anything to do with my fitness or lack of. It's something to do with your skin tones. I have a reddish tone in my hair, think it is more common in redheads or even slightly-red heads like me.

You may also like...