W7R2 and I hit 5K on my cooldown

I went out today for one of my lunch time runs and I'm running out of path to pound I had to run down a little side street and back on myself so I knew it was a pretty good distance it wasn't until I was a few mins into my coolddown I looked at the distance and I'd done 5K in 29mins (inclusive of a small warm up and a few mins cooldown) I was well chuffed and more to the point it didn't fell like too hard work, sure I was puffing and panting a little to the end but I didn't collapse in a heap :)

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • WEll done! You're almost there! Not long to go now. Exciting times

Always do the full warm up and cool down! Your legs will thank you for it

• I try to do as long a warm up/down as possible but I'm limited by how long I have for my lunch break :(

• That's brilliant. And you're only on week 7!

• Yeah still a long way to go after W9 I need to push on to 10K

• Just take your time and enjoy it all!

• Good for you for using your lunch break. You do have some lunch though don't you? Fuel!!!

Sorry for nagging but it's my job

• Yeah I make sure I grab a sandwich or reheat some leftovers from dinner the night before, breakfast is the biggest issue with me I'm never hungry so I have to force myself to eat rather than just drink 5 cups of coffee.

• Well done! Glad you are keeping it up :) That's an impressive feat at week 7, you are track for your goal- ages until your 10k and you sound like you are almost running 5k. Give yourself a pat on the back hehe

You may also like...