Couch to 5K
57,444 members89,963 posts

No excuses - just run!! 🏃‍♀️👍

Things are manic at school atvthe moment and I'm trying to write reports at home in the evenings as well. So after being out for 12 hours today I was completely brain dead when I got home.

But instead of sitting down on the sofa with a coffee and Facebook, I got changed and went out for a run. Still only doing re-runs of week 6 run 2 (10 mins x 2), but felt good to be out and came home with a much clearer head 😁🏃‍♀️and have spent the rest of the evening writing reports!

9 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done you - I also know that even when I have had a manic day at work and come home shattered, that a good run is often just what I need. Shoes on and out the door - never regret it.☺

2 likes

A+ for effort and achievement

2 likes

Well done Miss, top of the class😀

2 likes

Well done you.. out there and doing it and losing all the strains and stresses of the day:)

PS

But blimey.. writing reports... ! When I retired, 15 years ago, it had all been computerised... are we back to handwritten now ?

1 like

No, not handwritten - on the computer, but personalised i.e. no choosing sentences from a statement bank!! (Although there are only so many ways to say things, so there is a lot of repetition- especially as I teach music to about 200 boys!!!)

I remember handwritten - with carbon paper!! And if you made a mistake you had to start again!!!!

1 like

Aghghgh! I do!!! Unfortunately, my handwriting was not wonderful either:)

The statement banks were dire... I do not miss that bit of my teaching career at all. :)

Music.. wow...lucky you :) I taught in an Inner City school and I have wonderful memories of teaching my children, ( Primary teacher... taught everything! ) in particular, one class with 28 boys and four girls...and in Music, we were focusing on the songs of the American songwriter, Stephen Foster, ( not sure which module that was), and the song that they loved most? Beautiful Dreamer !!!.

1 like

Running cures most things IMO 🏃🏃🏃

2 likes

Go you!

2 likes

Brilliant, well done you 😎

2 likes

You may also like...