I'm in love ❤️

When you need to shout from the roof tops but no one want to listen 😔

I'm hoping you guys do??

So here goes.

RUNNING HAS CHANGED MY LIFE BECAUSE

1. I've learned to push myself out of my comfort zone which I can now apply to other areas of my life

2. My body is changing shape. My long lost waist is reappearing.

3. The runners high that I thought was an exaggerated myth has become my new addiction.

4. My mind and body feel like they can take on the world after a run. I feel strong 💪🏻

So there it is and I'm only 5 weeks in. I'm in love ❤️

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

15 Replies

oldestnewest
  • you have drunk the Kool Aid. This is just the thin end of the wedge. From hereonin its a long slippery slope to confidence, fun, wellness and mobility. Colours will appear brighter, challenges will suddenly appeal in strange ways, members of the opposite (and same) sex will look at you with renewed interest. You have left the couch zone.

Don't say we didn't warn you.

• I read this reply 3 times. Love it. Thank you. I'm excited for the next few weeks 😊

• Haha love it! Welcome to the RAC (Runners' Addicted Club) 🤗

• Well done! I found myself excited for a run today...actually excited, so I can completely understand! I've been going for five weeks also (only just started week 4 today) and I love how far I have come! Progress is the best reward! Keep going

• It's an amazing feeling isn't it. I just wish I'd started sooner 🙄

• Junkie!!!!!

• I love this post and think I was just the same at this stage of the programme too! 20 mths down the line I STILL ❤️ running and have achieved things I never dreamt of (first half marathon at 51 yrs! Yay!) Keep working away and enjoying the runs, believe in yourself and the programme! Good luck with week 6🙂

• Thank you so much 😊 Wow half a marathon. I hope one day I can say the same...well done to you!

• No reason why you shouldn't - it's an exciting journey!🏃🏽‍♀️😀

• Good! Just keep going only very steadily though. Be cautious and careful as the last thing you need in an injury. With our new found love of running we get tempted to push it as we feel so good.

Slow and steady is just fine. Lovely in fact

Good luck 🙂

• Thank you. I doubt I'll ever be a face runner but that isn't my goal. I just want to get through each run. Thank you for your wise words 😊

• Obviously I meant fast not face 🙈

• You are absolutely right!

• That's fabulous jomarie. I'm hoping I will have this feeling. Glad your waist is reappearing, haha, good for you lovely x

• Thank you 😘

You may also like...