Week 4 completed!

This evening I completed week 4 (woop!) and despite my right calf being quite painful both during and after, I am feeling very pleased with self. Am currently trying to relieve some of the pain by applying an ice pack, whilst sipping a white wine ūüėĀ

Week 4 was a bit of a mixed bag - I really struggled with the first run, but runs 2 and 3 felt much easier. I think prior to run 1, I was just overthinking the 5 minute runs, and worrying myself - once I'd done the first run I knew I *could* do it, so the gremlins were a bit easier to ignore.

Week 5 here I come!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldest ‚ÄĘ newest
  • Well done! Starting week 4 this week and looking forward to it! Week 5 is actually 1 minute less!

• Really well done, you can do it! Keep stamping on gremlins!!

• Take care of the calf. Dont aim to run through pain as you will exasperate it. Try some calf dips daily. Also a foam roller may be helpful.

• Reading your post makes me feel a bit better about W4R1 this morning. I think the first new run of each week is a bit of a struggle because the routine changes, but I've always felt better about things by the last run of the week. Like you said - you know you can do it, I think it's just a case of going with the flow! Good luck with week 5 :)

You may also like...