Set Back / Hospitalized

I never get sick. Haven't been in the hospital since I was a child having a tonsillectomy, about 45 years ago. I had never been in an ambulance. Then, Saturday May 20th I wake with an irritated lung. By Tuesday May 23rd paramedics were taking me to the ER with severe vertigo, nausea and dehydration. They sent me home with some prescriptions which I couldn't take due to vertigo and nausea. Thursday 25th the paramedics haul me back to hospital and this time I am admitted. 6 liters of IV juice and 4 days later, I was finally released. Vertigo settled down to a mild intensity and abides still an entire 8 days after it started. I can fix meals and do some chores slowly but I am not able to function as normal. It's indefinite how long the dizziness will linger. The good news is, I lost about 10 pounds in a week. I guess that's about 4 pounds shy of a stone for UK terms. So, I'm on hold for a while it appears.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Oh no! That sounds absolutely dreadful! I hope that they get to the bottom of it and you are on the mend soon x

• I hope you are insured.......that sounds pricey!!!!

Get well soon.

• Oh I am so sorry to read this, it sounds absolutely awful !

Sending you lots of best wishes and I really hope you feel better soon.

Take care xxx

• Sorry to read this Gary, it sounds awful. As you say, you're on hold, but you'll be back running as soon as your body decides. We'll still be here 🙂

• Chomping at the bit

• Take care and look after yourself, vertigo is horrible and all consuming. Hugs Rfc x.

• Sorry to read this, Gary. All the best for a swift recovery.

You may also like...