Speeding up

Hi everyone hope you are doing great! Just a Kallyfudge update. My leg feels a lot better, still some problems in the ankle after running. Today I did my longest distance in a while (physio approved distance though) of 7k. I didn't want to do it outside so went on the treadmill and really enjoyed it. Since its been a while since my last treadmill run I got to see how much I've sped up. Wow, I can now run comfortably at speeds that burnt me out after much less than 10 minutes. I did the first 5k at 12.1-12.2kph and felt fine, upped it even more and got the last k around ~13kph. Actually felt good using the treadmill today. Sprinted the last 250m. I also shaved my beard off today and don't recognise the person underneath any-more, 16kg since I shaved last time. Approaching the sub 80kg (been a hell of a plateau) mark and feeling much better physically, for people starting c25k keep going, I started last year being unable to do the minute runs, and weighed 105kg. Its good!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Nice progress, Kf.

Keep running, keep smiling.

• Well done Kally ! Sounds like great progress 😊

• You've done amazingly Kally. Really well done to you.

• Hi Kally ! Great stuff. Sounds like you have it all going on 🙂 Great news on the weight loss front and seemingly over your injury woes.

You can get back out there soon. Dreadmills! Shakes head 😁

You may also like...