Couch to 5K
54,939 members87,480 posts

W9 R1

I have been in the habit of walking for 10 minutes before starting my run just to get me up the worst of a hill, but today I thought that not only would I meet the challenge of running for 30 minutes, I would also start my run after a five minute walk. After about 300 metres I thought BIG mistake as I was struggling but I somehow manage to keep going slowly. Crisis averted I plodded on only to see a lorry being manoeuvred into a driveway and traffic stopped - determined to not stop I ran into the road and around the lorry (it was safe to do so). I was able to breathe without having to think about it, my legs kept going and I managed to cover 3.34 miles in 45 minutes (ending with a 10 minute walk). I'm not going to be at a pace to complete 5k in 30 minutes but I know I am getting there. Graduation is coming close which is something I couldn't envisage after struggling with W1R1.

9 Replies
oldestnewest

All coming together now. Fantastic!!

Just get to the Graduation podium....:) Speed and distance will follow :)

Slow and steady and follow the cheering :)

1 like

Thank oldfloss - not concerned with the speed at the moment.

1 like

That comes later.. with the C25K+ podcast ... Speed... I love it :)

Well done tackling the hill! I've just started running outside having graduated on a treadmill and also have a hill that I tried to cover while walking but then thought to just get it over with!

Now long now :D

The joy of living in a valley where the only way is up - but then I get rewarded with a downhill at the end.

2 likes

Yeay!!!! Love downhill x

Yessssss! That's great! You are doing really well. Not long now 😃

I do longer warm ups as I am really slow to get going

1 like

Wow, very good. It does pay to push yourself

You may also like...