Fitness watch and wk 9...ooops

Well my fat runners heel has been back with a vengeance and been completely unable to run for 8 days.....however in the mean time I treated myself to a fitness watch......this morning off I went heel and all......I kept going and going and at 45 mins I'd only managed 4.5km......felt deflated then realised not gps...grrrrrrr....I tracked it online turns out I'd only gone and run 5.55km and done 5km in 39 minutes!!!!! Wohooo.....1 more run and I've graduated....however my ribena head was back πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† not bad for a fat bird!!

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Excellent time!! What watch did you get? And is it just for running or a fitness tracker?

• I got a letscom.....it's a fitness tracker but wasn't expensive...thought I go cheap and if I stay committed get a fancy 1 for my birthday...I like it....it's basically a copy of the fitbit.....I think I had the wrong height and weight in....πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚I'm certainly not 10 stoneπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

• Oh okay. I have a Fitbit but looking at the running watches just not sure if they're only to wear while running or combined fitness tracker

• Not bad at all! πŸ˜ƒ

Sorry to hear about the heel. Bloomin things ! I have a bit of a one at the mo πŸ™„

Take care, go steady and have your rest days πŸ™‚ Having your watch should help plot your progress but it can make you push too hard. Don't do that til you're better πŸ™‚

• I use Kinesiology tape for my sore bits. My foot has been taped up for the last 20 runs. Today no tape and no problems ! Don't buy the cheap Stuff from China!

• I've ordered some arriving tomorrow.....thx for the advice!!!

You may also like...