Couch to 5K
54,748 members87,244 posts

First 5k Ever!!!

Hi everyone. I recently joined this forum and have been lurking for a while. Most of the posts and tips from this community has been immensely helpful.

I did complete the c25k a couple of years back. But each time I tried to do it again, I made little or no progress at all.

Decided to try again in February. Picked up from week6. To be honest, it wasn't easy at all but I stuck with it. Had to repeat week 6 about 3 times and then moved on. I would return home with pain in my calves and legs but would go for a run again after a day's rest. I started doing some squats and lunges on my rest days which helped ease the pain in my legs.

I have since completed the c25k programme again and done 5 more runs lasting 30-35 minutes . My aim was to run 5k. Finally did it this morning at 48minutes. Need a lot of work on my speed and time I know. Hope to get there eventually. I am also 4stones overweight.

Thanks to everyone who shares their experiences with this community. It surely goes a long way. Never believed even me could enjoy running so much

7 Replies
oldestnewest

Wow! You've done amazing! Good for you!

1 like

Thank you.

Well done! Keep it up and you'll notice all sorts of benefits.

Thank you.

Wow - full marks for determination and doggedness

Congratulations to you and a big well done on your determination.

Woohoo!! Time to sign up for a Parkrun or a race??

You may also like...