First 5k Ever!!!

Hi everyone. I recently joined this forum and have been lurking for a while. Most of the posts and tips from this community has been immensely helpful.

I did complete the c25k a couple of years back. But each time I tried to do it again, I made little or no progress at all.

Decided to try again in February. Picked up from week6. To be honest, it wasn't easy at all but I stuck with it. Had to repeat week 6 about 3 times and then moved on. I would return home with pain in my calves and legs but would go for a run again after a day's rest. I started doing some squats and lunges on my rest days which helped ease the pain in my legs.

I have since completed the c25k programme again and done 5 more runs lasting 30-35 minutes . My aim was to run 5k. Finally did it this morning at 48minutes. Need a lot of work on my speed and time I know. Hope to get there eventually. I am also 4stones overweight.

Thanks to everyone who shares their experiences with this community. It surely goes a long way. Never believed even me could enjoy running so much

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Wow! You've done amazing! Good for you!

• Thank you.

• Well done! Keep it up and you'll notice all sorts of benefits.

• Thank you.

• Wow - full marks for determination and doggedness

• Congratulations to you and a big well done on your determination.

• Woohoo!! Time to sign up for a Parkrun or a race??

You may also like...