Err what just happened!?

Well, I got up early and with quite a bit of fear I went to my first session at the gym followed by what I thought was going to be run three, week five. The dreaded 20 minutes. Five minutes in and I was thinking I'd never make it then disaster. My MP3 player packed up. Normally I would use this excuse to give up, but for a chance at a new mind set I just switched it off and kept running until I got home. I've just checked Google and I ran non-stop for 3.7 km. I'm shaking all over but I am glad I didn't give up.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Nice. I don't know if I could continue running without my music. Hopefully when I get to W5 I'll be able to do what you did. Congratulations

• Stick with the plan! Don't do too much at this early stage as it could end in tears. You will be fine if you go carefully

Have fun!

• Well done for getting one over on those gremlins. I wonder if your 3.7 k corresponds to the 20 minutes... if it does, you're a speedy runner :) I'd get yourself a more reliable MP3 player for the rest of the programme - as MW says, you shouldn't overshoot the running times too much or you might hurt yourself.

• Well done that's the big one done

Keep going

You may also like...