Longest run....half marathon training run 2

Have applied for my first half marathon in July(just waiting for confirmation) Bath Two Tunnels

So today was week two of training and I have just completed my longest every run,woke up with headache a stomach ache so nearly didn't run but knew I would be annoyed with myself if I didn't get out there

11k in 1:12:12 Ran from home to Cody Dock (Canning Town) along the canal via Olympic Park

The first 5k I was not far short of my PB and completed 5k 31:45.

So glad I did it and yet again thanks to my awesome running buddy Kevin (my hubby)

Nice coffee and cake at Cody Dock cafe before walk to station and DLR home.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That's brilliant and half the battle is resolved with having a good running buddy. Have you ever considered joining a local running club as that'll be of great assistance in your half marathon quest. As a two year veteran of C25k being in a club has kept me going and can't recommend it enough.

• Thanks

We have both joined GoodGym....mix of weekly run and volunteering for local community.

GoodGym has helped improve speed and strength as wide mix of runners and so supportive and all have been great with advice a planning training.

Plus I have you guys and the fb pages I'm on.

I still amaze myself that this time 2 years ago I couldn't run for a bus and now do loads 5k's completed five 10k race

And signed up for 3 OCRs this year.

Life is bloody amazing.

You may also like...