Couch to 5K
55,127 members87,641 posts

After graduation

I had a strange occurrence the other day while running on a treadmill. I set the 5k distance on my I pod app and the treadmill was on manual, I have a Garmin Forerunner 35 which I just started when I began running. The strange part is they all said different times and distances when I'd finished - not just a second or two more like 30+!!! Now I don't know what to trust.

Also, what's the best motivational app after saying "goodbye" to Laura. I'm finding the motivation difficult at the moment - I really don't want to stop now I've come so far. Any ideas would, as always, be much appreciated.

Thanks Jane

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Running on a treadmill! It's lovely outside at the minute. Make hay ......

Garmins are a bit flaky. Well, I know mine is. It generally behaves but has it's moments

1 like

Outside running is about to resume 😁

Outside running is about to resume 😁

I found I was a bit scared of running without vocal cues once J had graduated & tried a few things, Fitbit with vocal time cues, interval training apps with time cues & the Stepping Stones podcast which has Laura guiding you through with vocal guides on pace, running style & time cues, oh and of course just repeating Wk 9. Repeating W9 has been best for me up until yesterday when I ran without it & it was the best run I have had for ages. I was able to think, work out the route variation as I ran & set myself distance goals as I ran. I run outside though as I much prefer it to running on a treadmill, maybe changing to outside running will help you maintain motivation. Happy running 🏃

1 like

You may also like...