W6 R2

I managed to find an hour this afternoon where I wasn't required by anyone ๐Ÿ‘ . Sun was shining wind wasn't blowing ( much), all in all a perfect day for a run๐Ÿ˜€ So I got changed, put my tissues in my pocket, got my shoes ๐Ÿ‘  on, phone was recharged, last sip off coffee( oops I mean water๐Ÿ˜‚) went to grab my earphones......aaaarrrrrggggghhhhh, some toe rag of a child of mine seems to have borrowed them๐Ÿ™„Was I going to let that stop me? ..... I pondered for a couple of minutes whilst finishing my cof....water ๐Ÿ˜‰.

I've got a stopwatch on my phone, I thought, easy๐Ÿ˜

So of I went, I did miss Laura though ๐Ÿ™ I kept telling myself she was with me in spirit ๐Ÿ˜

So my music today was birdsong ๐Ÿ‘ And me huffing and puffing ๐Ÿ˜‚

As I was struggling with the second 10 minutes I was approaching a gent,2 ladies and a dog. I could see him glancing at me and wondered why๐Ÿค” I might be sweaty, but not scary ๐Ÿ˜‰

When I passed them he said something to me......" well done lass, more power to your elbow! " I can't tell you what a boost that gave me, I positively glided to the end๐Ÿ‘

Aren't people nice๐Ÿ˜Šโค๐ŸŒถ

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

9 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Good stuff, well done.

• Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Glad ours is not the only house where earphones are like gold dust, I've taken to hiding mine...

• Me too normally, this time I was silly enough to leave them laying around ๐Ÿ™„ Chargers are also gold dust in here๐Ÿ™„ Blooming kids!!!๐Ÿ˜‰

• Ha chargers, yes! And yet, funnily, their phones are always 'out of charge' when they are awol despite them having been bought portable chargers!!!

• Yes they are! I meet lovely people on my runs too. A smiley face always helps, even a thumbs-up from a fellow runner

• Brilliant :) Well done

• Great well done you, it's lovely when people acknowledge you. There's been one couple I've passed about 3 times in the last 3 runs now we're starting to have some banter on passing :D

• Lovely isn't it? What did surprise me was the fact I could speak back!๐Ÿ˜€ I felt like I was really struggling but I managed to string a sentence together!!! W1, one word would have been nigh on impossible ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜‚

You may also like...