Couch to 5K
73,680 members โ€ข 105,624 posts

W6r1 tough

So just finished w6r1 in a very strong south easterly that have me ear ache despite my woolly hat. I found it really hard but finished it even so. And the bay looked stunning today.

12 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Where is that? It's stunning. I'm very jealous of anyone who gets to run by the sea! Bit of a downer with the earache but yay run 1 under your belt!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

1 like

Thanks! It's Weymouth. Yes very lucky to live in such a gorgeous place but those coastal winds can be brutal!

Oh my god I think I might hate you now annie1970! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚My favourite place to run! Went on holiday there last autumn and stayed in Preston. Had some of my best runs down and along the beach and along the Rodwell trail. I am green with envy๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

2 likes

You're a tough lady, well done!!

2 likes

Good for you! You're hardy!

2 likes

Not as hardy as that kite surfer! Brrrrrr!

2 likes

Beautiful!!!! Lucky you.:)

It was chilly this morning wasn't it? I had my buff pulled around my ears! And, my thermal hat pulled well down too..:)

Very well done.. onwards and upwards!

1 like

Aww thanks all. I'm worried about rest of week as found today so hard. Bloody hate wind!! ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Oh what a fab pic ! Oh I am so envious too ! :-)

The wind has been absolutely brutal here today in South Manchester. So I dread to think what it mustve been like along the coast - Eeek !

You are made of strong stuff Annie, if you can run in that, you can run in anything .Well done for today and your progress so far ! :-) xxx

1 like

Aww thanks hun great words of encouragement! Xx

1 like

Wind is blummin annoying but goes with the territory. I nearly always wear a buff round my earoles as I suffer ear trouble. Not just during cold weather. Does help keep you warm though and lets the hot air escape through the top of your head ๐Ÿ˜€

1 like

I think W6R1 was one of the hardest so well done and don't get blown away! R2 should be easier :-)

1 like

You may also like...