Morning run with hills

I forced myself up and out this morning, even though I didn't really want to. On the spur of the moment I decided to go a different route, one with hills! (Even though Garmin didn't register them as hills, they definitely were!) I usually avoid them and try and go for flat runs but that gets a bit boring. It wasn't as bad as I thought, slowed me down a bit but not drastically.

Anyway, you do see the strangest things in the morning. About halfway round I came across a man (well I'm assuming it was a man as I could only see the legs, but what woman would do this really?) vacuuming out his car. Who does that at 6.45am?!! Bet his neighbours love him ;) It got me wondering...was he a bit OCD or did he have something to hide...

A nice thing though, I always encounter paper boys and girls in the morning, this morning when I was doing my warm down walking round the corner back to home a young lad rode towards me signalling to someone behind me and telling them to keep right. What a considerate thing to do :) I thanked him of course. There are some nice people out there!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done for getting out there this morning. Maybe the man cleaning his car had to remove evidence of last nights activity!

• Haha, yes maybe...

• Aww what a nice paperboy!

We don't have them here in the big city 😞

• There are! I was saying the same thing to my husband this morning.

I ran for the first time in 3 weeks yesterday (hills!) and it struck me just how smiley and friendly folks were as I passed by. They gave way and smiled. It really cheered me up. I think they want to join us. We are a good advert aren't we.

Vacuuming the car! Ne'er mind at the crack of dawn. LOL Our neighbour used to come off night shift and start chopping wood on the wall between our two houses! Thoughtless so and so!

• You always get one don't you :/ We used to have terrible trouble with our neighbours - loud music etc - but now we've moved and our current neighbours are really lovely :)

You may also like...