W4 sorted.. W5 next GULP

Managed to get W4R3 done today after getting home from work at lunch time. Oh my, talk about jelly legs at one point I thought they were going to give out, but somehow they kept going. As usual Laura's words of encouragement helped to push me on.

By the time I got to the last half of the second 5 min run they were actually feeling a little better. So that's W4 done almost half way through the plan :D never expected to make it this far.

I cannot deny I'm a little anxious about W5, so I'm changing my R1 day from Monday to Sunday this week which, all being well, means R3 will be on my day off and I can tackle the 'biggy' first thing on Thursday with fresh legs. Again I think I need to slow down. I'm not intentionally going fast but when I checked my distance etc when I finished today I am definitely going faster. Need to make sure I have some reserves in the tank.

Have a good weekend folks x

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Yes you do! Slow down. Slow is just fine for this caper.

Well done!!! You are doing great. Be proud!

• Thank you. One thing I certainly wasn't expecting from this was that I would be need to slow down lol. Running and speed were never something I did :O

• Well done first_mate ...thats Week 4 banked in your legs.✔

Week 5 is a goody...😊

• Thank you Jan x

• Best of luck with week 5 - you can do it!

• Thank you Skyesue x Will definitely give it my best shot x

• Will watch and see how you get on!

Am dreading W5!! Starting it either tomorrow or Sunday...

• Sounds like you are doing well, go at a pace you are comfortable at , it's not a race. Enjoy

• Good luck🍀 I'm sure you won't need it though, you've put the hard work in, it will see you right🙂

Like everyone says slow is the way to go😀

Let us know how you get on🌶

• Do not worry about week 5. You can do it. But slowly, slowly! Take it easy 😊

• W5 next week for me too first_mate. It does seem quite a leap but I'm taking comfort that many have gone before us and succeeded. Enjoy your run on Sunday - will wait until Monday for mine.

You may also like...