2 X 3 minutes runs
2 X 5 minutes runs
Today's weather is as beautiful as it can get I suppose at this time of the year. It should have been enjoyable. Something went wrong. ☹️
I am too close to not finish and too deep to get out.
I am trying to dissect and understand the events leading up to and during the run.
Please do drop me a comment if something is quite obviously out of place and/or an erroneous practice.
I wasn't able to finish my scheduled 4 runs completely. Last 30 or 35 seconds or so of the first three intervals were clearly crushing.
2 minutes of the last 5 minutes runs was a mess. Coughing fit has started.
Slowed down to walking pace for 2 or 3 seconds and continued running for 30 seconds. Repeated this until I finished the day.
Events leading up to the run (started warming up at 12 noon):
1. Went to bed at 2 AM in the morning. Did sleep well until 11 AM before refreshing myself and started warming up.
2. Had my dinner at 20:00 last night. It was a little on the greasy, salty and spicy side with little to no fibre content. Plenty of carbs from the naans and the rice though. Did not have any food whatsoever before warming up at 12 noon the day after (Which is today).
3. Had a little too much water half hour before warming up.
4. Until this week, I have been running either early in the morning or late in the evening. Today the sun was blaring in the face. It quickly became too hot for a jacket and too cold (4°C) for just a running t-shirt.
5. Chose the same route as previous weeks. I was pretty familiar with where a run stops and a walk begins. As today's runs were longer, the whole thing was rollercoaster of emotions expecting to stop, run or walk. Should have chosen a new route as I have always did on new weeks.
6. I can't think of a reason why there would be a coughing fit. Still am occasionally coughing after an hour. Quit smoking a year and a month ago. I didn't have this problem in the previous weeks.
7. During and after the run has finished there has been a burning sensation in my larynx. Reflux? Cold air breathing?
8. I am having a back of the head pain right now. Can't suppose it would be dehydration. Still haven't had food yet. Hunger?
9. My usual route was perfect for winding down and reaching home after the run. It had quickly become not enough distance especially running for 2 X 3 minutes and 2 X 5 minutes. Had to go around a plain stretch of road before exhausting the scheduled time for the last 5 minutes interval.
10. I usually go for Spotify running music. Today I had to go with a different language music with completely out of sync tunes with my running pace. It was just a white noise during the runs.
Any opinion would be much appreciated. I had to pull myself up now and get cheered up for the next run.
I am not going anywhere before finishing the W9R3.