FINALLY 5k running all the way

11th parkrun today and for the first time I ran it all the way . A little slow at 45.30 but I am over the moon. When I started c25k back in July I could not even run for 1 minute. A couple of weeks ago it was up to around 4 minutes, but this last couple of weeks something finally clicked

14min , then 45.30 finding my pace at last ,slow but breathing better .

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done to you! A real achievement!

• Well done congratulations 11parkruns that is great😊

• Great stuff! Well done. Seriously, it's not that slow considering you couldn't run for a minute in July!

• Well done! Don't think it's slow! Your a new runner! Just keep on doing it! There's no hurry! It's just great to be there able to do it!😊

• Brilliant, well done. Our nearest parkrun is about 8 miles away but just found out we have one starting in our town in 2 weeks. am on the Injury Couch tho and nowhere near ready

• Well done! Now that you can run the whole way you will probably find that as you get stronger and more confident you will speed up. But that is a great time for your first total run. I think I have only run the whole way once in 23 parkrun.

• Excellent well done 👍

• Brilliant! That's a fantastic achievement!

• Congratulations on your run, don't worry about speed, as long as your breathing is easy your doing fine.

Have a look on itunes, Audio Fuel have a couple of running downloads with coaching at 150 to 165 BPM.

Audio Fuel put the music onto Couch to 5K.

Running to a beat will help you and as you progress you can just increase your stride to suit.

I find running to the beat really helps, when you start to get tired.

All the best.

• Well done you! Great inspirational post for anyone starting out. :)

• I agree, the first run all the way Parkrun is a great feeling (and then I tried to look nonchalant about it but the stupid grin that I could not wipe off my face betrayed me)

You may also like...