Treadmill

My husband wants to lose some weight so he decided to rejoin our !local gym. I went with him when he went to sign up and somehow I've rejoined too!!!!

On Thursday I was due to do run 1 of week 8 but for some reason I didn't get out at my usual time so when said husband came home he suggested a trip to the gym. Why not I thought.

When we arrived I decided to have a go on the treadmill ~ which I hated previously ~ before I knew it I was off on my 5 minute walk and then into 28 minutes running (plodding) and I actually completed the whole run ! I was so pleased as before I would avoid the treadmill like the plague. I used to find it very awkward trying to walk let alone run on a treadmill so that's an achievement thanks to c25k.

Does a treadmill run count?? I hope so.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

10 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Yes it definite counts! Well done, not long now until graduation! ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ

• It definitely counts. And given the weather at this time of the year it's a very sensible occasional alternative.

Very close to graduation now. Getting exciting....

• Of course it counts!

• Yes it does! I'm on W7R1 and most of my runs have been on the treadmill ๐Ÿ˜„

• I hope so! My husband bought me a treadmill for Christmas as I'm not ready to be spotted out and about running! I have Cerebral Palsy and definitely don't look good running, but doing it at home is a lot less stressful. I'm not t 28 minutes yet though...just starting week 5 tomorrow (and daunted by the 20 minute run, although I'm daunted every week and see what is next, haha).

• Go you.. brilliant!

Don't feel daunted,,, focus on how far you have come and not how far there is to go! :)

• I too was daunted by the 20 minutes but I actually found it better than walking in between shorter runs. Also, I have an anxiety problem and absolutely hated the thought of running in public but now I don't care, I just go in my own little safe world.

• Of course it counts.... some folk have no choice except to use the treadmill, some choose it anyway.. we all have our own running paths :)

I love the outdoor running, but these dangerous icy mornings, when I simply will not run outside, ( nasty sliding incident last year.. funny ,but could have been bad for me) :) I use my elliptical cross trainer...am really glad of it :)

Well done you.. getting ever closer! :)

• Treadmills had better count, as I did the entire programme on them! :P

• Well done, that definitely counts. It's nice that you have another option for those chilly winter days. You're so close to that 30 minutes now!!

You may also like...