Back - again

I graduated the C25K in 2012 was absolutely thrilled 6 weeks later fell off my bike and broke my leg being 60 at the time it did take a bit longer to get back on my feet. I then started suffering with Cholecystitis which ended eventually after 2 years with having my gall bladder out.

Well I will be 65 this year and really need to get back on my treadmill. So I am happy to say I have just finished week 1. Even finished wit a 90 seconds to prove I was ready for week 2. I am not going to push it and If I feel I need a 2 day rest I will have it just need to get to running for 30 mins 3 times a week.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • OMG! What an 'orrrible thing to happen!

Still, you're back on it now. Good luck and Bon voyage 😊

• Oh wow, welcome back, so happy to have another of the class of 2012 back.

• Well done! but take it easy, don't want you having another episode do we.. onwards and upwards!😊

• You'll be back at it in no time at all.

• Welcome back & you sound all ready to sensibly get back to your 30 min runs. After a month of no running im back & aiming for the same slow but steady as we say😊😊good luck & enjoy😊

• Well done that's amazing! I am 59 and had a chest infection yhat stopped me running when I had only just graduated! I'm just getting back in to it, I'm up to week 5 r2 now but am finding it a challenge again! Good luck

• Welcome back, sorry about all you've been through but you are showing great resolve in starting again. Just take it slowly, one run at a time, you'll get there!!!

• Well done you for coming back to it! You've graduated before so you know all the tricks and you know you can do it again. :) Looking forward to following your progress!

• Thanks everyone for the welcome back. I am looking forward to start week 2,can't believe I just said that.

• Welcome back - I'm also a 2nd time around after prostate cancer. You are doing well though - I definitely need 2-day rests! Good luck!

You may also like...